Every business gets ready for this time of year whether it is to prepare for an increase in sales/business or to make use of business down time. What can your do with your down time? Here are tips on ways to keep you productive during this time of year.
1. Set Goals- Become goal-oriented. Take this time to look at your current goals. Make time everyday to set goals on different levels. Create an updated marketing plan and budget. Where do you want to be this time next year? Set goals for one year out and then for 10 years. Where do you see your business in 10 years?
2. Prepare for 2010-Get ready for inventory and tax season. Use your down time to organize receipts and accounting information for a smoother tax time.
3. Business Planning- Do you have new products or services to offer in the New Year? Use this time to do research for new ideas. What products or services are not being offered? How can you incorporate them into your business? The economy has caused business to rethink their business offerings. Make sure your offerings are those that would almost be considered necessities. Customers are more likely to use your product or services if it will make their job/life easier.
4. Out with Old-in with new- Now is the time to analyze the statistical data to see what worked for your business this past year and what didn't. Did you try a new market and did not see the ROI you were expecting? Take this time to make changes that will benefit sales for 2010.
5. Vacation/Seminar-Down time is a great time to take a vacation. Encourage staff to take family time during the slower seasons. Take this time to attend a seminar. Update your industry and business skills. Use your down time to read, study, and add to your specialty knowledge.
Business down time can be used productively to prepare you and your business for the next burst of business coming your way in the New Year. Renew your business and create a firm foundation for the busy days ahead.
This article was written by Tracy Rumsey and I thought some one else could
also benefit from this information.
Happy New Year